Pages

Saturday, May 27, 2023

RSC Week #21 - the last of orange

 The final week of May, and the final orange blocks are done. Now I'm ready to move onto a different color for the month of June.


Three additional Windmill blocks are done.  There are a few parts cut with some other colors too, but there is no rush to finish these.  I will just keep cutting the pieces for now. 


Six orange Small Heart blocks are done too.  There are more than enough blocks for a new vertical column to add to the growing quilt.  But there isn't a very good selection of different colors.  Lots of green, a few blue, and now these orange ones.  I'll just keep making these each month to get a better color variety, before adding any more to the quilt.  


The Rainbow Connections quilt top is all assembled, and I'm pleased with finishing the top for one more RSC project.  This one is 55 x 66, and done with string sections pulled from the scrap bins.  There will be another one of these in the future I'm sure. 

Check out more RSC projects at: 
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I really like the Rainbow Connection and think it will be one I make for the expected new babies in the family

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have some pretty orange scraps, Sara! I love each set of blocks you're working on. The Rainbow Connection quilt is beautiful!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Awesome Rainbow Connection quilt, Sara!!! Great variety of colors!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a pretty RSC quilt top, Sara!! Congratulations on finishing it up. Rainbow Connections is a good name for the quilt considering how many wonderful friendships have come out of participation in Angela's Rainbow Scrap Challenge! Wouldn't you agree?

grammajudyb said...

I'm fond of the Rainbow Connection quilt too. Heaven knows I have lots of string scraps!!!! May be a good diversion from crumbs!

Anonymous said...

The Rainbow Connection quilt is a stunner. A great block to string piece. You are an inspiration.

Kate said...

You've got a great set of RSC blocks. The hearts are going to make a really cute quilt. Rainbow Connections turned is so colorful. Congrats on all the RSC progress this month.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is a rainbow, very nice!

LA Paylor said...

orange hearts so cute, the bottom quilt is vibrant!

Jenny said...

The windmill blocks look great, I want to add that go my RSC blocks sometime in the future. And the hearts are so pretty.

Mari said...

Rainbow Connections looks great! Such a happy quilt. And you know I love the little hearts!

Astrid said...

Love your Rainbow Connection quilt. Pretty windmill and heart blocks too. I'm working with orange too and I have to say orange is a 'happy' color.

Helenchaffin said...

pretty collections of blocks you e got going, the rainbow connection is beautiful! I'm learning so many names of blocks & feeling the urge to make them allšŸ¤£

Susie H said...

Great Rainbow Connections! I never would have thought to have done each bar a different color. If you remember my near-finish String-X quilt, each X was a different color. Love your rendition!

Nann said...

Another array of juicy blocks!