Pages

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Twinkle Star QOV is a flimsy

 Star blocks of any kind tend to be one of my favorites to make.  And the Twinkle Star might be one of my very favorite star blocks.


The top is done and it's ready to be quilted.  It is 62 by 82, and very scrappy.  I'm really pleased with how this turned out, and I'm sure I'll make more of this block.

Actually, there is a project box with a whole stack of Twinkle Stars done in bright colors that I did for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge in 2021 and 2022.  


I should pull it out and count those blocks to see if there are enough for a quilt yet.   And if not, then I guess I need to make a few more. 

9 comments:

Fred said...

Beautiful stars. Your QOV top is wonderful, and I love the RSC blocks, bright and cheerful!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love both of the quilts

Ramona said...

You have convinced me to make a quilt with this block, too! I have looked at your beautiful blocks long enough. :) The QOV quilt is the most beautiful one I've seen.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - that is a stunner!!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I agree, the Twinkle Star is a great star! It makes a stunning quilt.

Nann said...

It's fun to see two different styles--the QOV RWB and the rainbows. Looks as though you have another squirrel to chase --maybe a herd of them (29 more rainbow stars?).

Vicki in MN said...

I love how this QOV came together, adding the blue sashing is just perfect for it!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fantastic! It will make a beautiful quilt of Valor!

Kate said...

Love both sets of twinkle stars! I would really like to make a another twinkle star quilt, it would use up some of my odds and ends scraps. But I should first finish a few projects that I've already started!