Pages

Saturday, May 13, 2023

A touch of orange - RSC Week #19

 A little dabbling in orange (and other colors) happened in between the bigger projects this week, and we all know these blocks do add up quickly over time.


This orange Pyramid block was also joined by a mint green one.  There are nearly enough of these for a nice big quilt.  I think by the end of the 2023 RSC I'll have plenty.


Two more Brighten blocks - bringing the total up to 10 of them.  I've only been making 2 each month, and they are 9" finished blocks.  


Our guild has been making these 12" churn dash blocks in child/baby prints for donation quilts.  I had this cute colorful frog print in the scrap bag, and there was a pretty good sized piece.  So, I paired it with orange to make 2 blocks.  One will go to guild, and the other joined my own churn dash blocks hanging in the closet.  And there is still quite a nice sized piece of the frog fabric left. 


While I was thinking about these churn dash blocks, I grabbed a cute little duck print and made 2 more of the 12" blocks - 1 for guild, and 1 for me.  Some of the little ducks are orange, so do these count?  Anyway, they made a nice distraction from all the red, white, and blue sewing I did for half the week. 


And I also made one 6" version, and there isn't much left of one fat quarter of ducks.    


And then because I couldn't leave well enough alone, I grabbed a couple more fat quarters and made 4 more of these churn dash blocks - including orange with the owl print.  There is still enough of these fabrics left to make 6" versions - next week. 

I'm trying hard to make a dent in the scrap bins and the stash, but it's difficult to tell that I've actually used up anything lately.  

Check out the RSC projects for this week . . .
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a nice assortment of blocks

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun seeing the blocks you worked on this week! I really like the Brighten blocks. Lots of pretty churn dashes, too - the duck print is adorable!

Mari said...

I love the frogs! And the orange pyramid, too. That looks like one of the blocks I would end up in tears over. I see an S in your Brighten blocks. For Sara? :)

Deb said...

Love the little ducks , so happy ! And the brighten block is very interesting!! Thanks for sharing, so many ideas to sew!

Cathy said...

Your churn dash blocks with the cute kid prints are so charming. Churn dashes have been calling my name for a long time, and RSC24 may be ripe for indulging them. Also, those Brighten blocks are intriguing! So lovely…. Have a good week, Sara!

Kate said...

Your orange RSC blocks are really fun and so are those ducks! Happy stitching this weekend.

Cathy said...

Those Brighten blocks are interesting. What a fun chain link effect they make.

Cute Churn Dashes! I've been making Monkey Wrench blocks with scraps in three sizes for almost a year for donation quilts and find them quite addicting.

Mrs. T said...

The Brighten blocks are very nice! I am not sure I've seen that block before

Jenny said...

Owls, ducks and frogs, so much fun happening in your sewing room.

Vicki in MN said...

All of the blocks are so sweet, but I love the kid print churn dashes! I know what you mean about it not showing that we used anything up! I have been working with panels and was hoping it would show a nice drop in that stash, LOL, it didn't.

Helenchaffin said...

beautiful assortment of blocks

Far Side of Fifty said...

You must be making progress on the scrap bins! Happy Mother's Day!