Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Tuesday's To Do list

 The list of Works In Progress (WIPs) just keeps growing - out of control.  But there is hope - and a plan.


One WIP that has been giving me pleasure - the doll quilts.  The 2 newest doll quilts are no longer in the pile on the ironing board.  They are both quilted and the binding is attached, so a little handwork is all that's needed.  I went to the Dollar Store for some gift bags the other day, and also purchased 2 stuffed animals to go with the quilts - a brown monkey and the pink flamingo.  Both are soft and squishy, and very cuddly.  And so far I've only spent $5 each for the animals and doll. 


No NEW projects allowed until I get a few things from my list finished.  I've pulled some new projects together (fabric, patterns, special rulers) and put them into labeled project boxes.  One of these will be my reward for finishing some things.  Hunter's Star or Wonky Log Cabin or Happy Blocks or Scrambled Churn Dash - or something that I hadn't even though of yet.

So, the remaining list that I am trying to reduce . . . writing it down helps with accountability.
  • Finish binding the Sewcialites wall hanging
  • Bind 2 doll quilts
  • Quilt & bind the Bee table runner (yellow/black/white)
  • Finish Bee hotpad (yellow/black/white)
  • Quilt of Valor projects
    • Piece QOV backing
  • finish last 5 blocks for Scrappiness Is Happiness
  • sew Rainbow Connections into rows
  • sew final orange blocks for RSC (Windmills & Small Hearts)
  • blanket stitch Dresden Lady block

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The flamingo wrapped in the quilt made me chuckle - so cute!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What cute quilts!

woolyjooly said...

I'm reminded that you were a teacher . . list maker . . accountability . . . wish I had your discipline with my knitting UFOs! Those doll quilts/toys are adorable. Are they for charity?