Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Trying to be disciplined

I'm really attempting 1 whole week of discipline to finish up a bunch of things, so that I can have a guilt-free week to play with something new.



Because the Cruise is coming up in just over 2 weeks, I really need to have all of the homework done for the quilt project we'll be working on.  All of the strips and subcuts have been done for the paper piecing, and all the strips for the templates are cut too.  Now I can check off HALF of the curved pieces using templates.  The light colored ones are all traced, cut, labeled and packed into a Zip lock bag. Hopefully today - after my annual physical - I'll get the dark ones all done.  Too much standing while tracing and cutting is hard on my back.  


The Sewcialites 2 wall hanging is bound.  It has most of the 3" bright blocks, plus a fun Laurel Burch cat print from the stash.  Check it off the list!!  This one is bright and cheery, and may end up hanging in my sewing room.


Those last 2 doll quilts I've been working on are quilted and bound.  Check them off the list too!  There are 8 doll quilts made so far.  I'm aiming for a dozen - with a doll or a stuffy - before looking into donating them.  


I even found a cute little stuffed turtle for one of the other doll quilts.  Who knew the grocery store had a stuffed animal display? 
 

The yellow/white/black Bee themed hot pad is quilted and bound.  There is a matching table runner for this.  I have that sandwiched and ready to quilt and bind.

So, the remaining list that I am trying to shrink, with partial progress noted in red . . . 
  • Quilt & bind the Bee table runner (sandwiched)
  • Quilt of Valor projects
    • Piece QOV backing
  • finish last 5 blocks for Scrappiness Is Happiness
  • sew Rainbow Connections into rows (3 rows sewn, 3 remaining)
  • sew final orange blocks for RSC (Windmills & Small Hearts) (blocks are sewn, need pressing)
  • blanket stitch Dresden Lady block

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

when does your cruise leave and where did you say you are going?

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Fantastic progress - full steam ahead! The turtle is adorable. The bright colors of the wall hanging will brighten the most dreary day.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope you get everything done before leaving on your cruise...it sounds like great fun! :)