Pages

Friday, March 19, 2021

Borders and backings


I went shopping on Wednesday and found a perfect charcoal grey for borders on Urban Cabin.  It is a batik that has a very geometric design and I really like how it turned out.  This is the 3rd quilt top that I've finished in March.  Two were UFOs (Ritzy Cracker & Urban Cabin), and one was a PIG (Jelly Belly Bars).  That will make 3 project boxes emptied out and ready for new project parts and pieces.
 

The other fabric I bought on Wednesday was a wide backing for Jelly Belly Bars.  The backing is a Tula Pink fabric, so it goes very nicely with all of the Tula Pink fabrics in the blocks.  It has a subtle greenish grid and then the black and white drawings. The skunk is adorable!


Jelly Belly Bars was such an easy pattern and I love how it turned out.  I have enough of the solid looking prints to use as a scrappy binding.  The quilt itself is about 55 x 60, so just a good kid sized cuddle up quilt.  I'm pretty sure I will make this pattern again, but will make sure I have a full jelly roll next time around.  


7 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

wow the borders on urban cabin make it a wow quilt indeed...

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The clean lines of the Urban Cabin make it a spectacular quilt. Nice job on the border selection!

Moneik said...

I love how both quilts turned out! I just bought wide backing in Homemade, so when I finally make a quilt out of it, I'll have the backing.

chrisknits said...

That border fabric is perfect! And cute backing fabric for sure.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE your Urban Cabin, Sara!!

Kate said...

You did find the perfect border fabric for Urban Cabin, that dark grey works really well. Congrats on all the progress on the UFOs and PIGs. You've had a really productive month.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice finish!