Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Ritzy Crackers is ready to quilt

I made myself a promise that I would NOT dig into any additional March goals until I had this Ritzy Cracker quilt top finished and ready to quilt.  It only needed 1 more vertical row, and I had 6 of the 10 blocks needed already made.  They were left over when I thought 6 vertical rows would be OK 


But since the quilt looked too long and narrow, it made sense to just make 4 more blocks and add another vertical row.  It was a good decision, and now there are no orphan blocks hanging around.  I had bought this backing for Blossom Time, but it may be just perfect for this scrappy quilt.  Decisions, decisions!  


Since I already have 3 quilts in the hands of a quilter right now, this one will probably hang in the closet for a little while so I can give that backing more thought.  

6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

ooh i like this a lot....this pattern will be a 2021 start for me! love the scrappy look..

Sharon Kwilter said...

That's a great scrap quilt pattern. Thanks for sharing.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Seeing this top makes me smile. I think it’s time to make another Ritzy Cracker quilt.

Moneik said...

Love the backing. I think it would look great. I'm glad you added the extra row. I think it needed it to be more balanced.

Vicki in MN said...

Very pretty!!

Kate said...

Love the scrappiness. That backing does seem perfect. When indecision strikes, contemplation is always the best course of action.