Pages

Monday, March 1, 2021

Design Wall Monday - March 1

On my design wall this morning is this UFO - a Ritzy Cracker quilt.  The blocks were all made and sewn into pairs before I went to the retreat over the weekend.


This was my Friday project at the retreat.  There are still 6 blocks left, and I think I’ll be making 4 more so I can add one more vertical row.  It’s not bad, but just a little narrow as is.

It’s a totally scrappy project using the Ritzy Cracker block found on the Moda Bake Shop site as a free pattern.  I’ve used this before for Quilts of Valor, and for a family reunion signature quilt. 

I had a really good time at the retreat, but will share more another day. I did have one casualty - my iron died a dramatic death in the first hour.  It made a “FFSSSTTTT” sound, pumped out a little puff of black smoke, and that was it.  But luckily we had several ironing stations set up. 

What is on your design wall today?  Check out a few more for inspiration.

7 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

love it...this pattern is on my list!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Ritzy Crackers are lovely, just the cheerful thing to be working on during this drab season!

Nann said...

Black smoke? How dramatic! When my iron give out it just doesn't heat. The crackers are fun and a great scrap-user.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very cheerful, I wish my old iron would die like that, I only use it once maybe twice a year and really need a new one:)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I love scrappy quilts, and this one is great with so much color. Sorry about your iron.

Moneik said...

Love the quilt, but agree a little bit wider would make it more balanced.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Looks like a great scrap project.