Pages

Monday, March 15, 2021

Design Wall Monday - March 15 Urban Cabin

My design wall (floor) this morning is covered with Urban Cabin, a long-term UFO that just finally saw the light of day last week after years of hiding away.  

All 25 blocks are laid out and the first border sections are also pieced.  My task today will be sewing some rows together, while it snows outside again.  I think I set this aside after the first 2 blocks because I didn't care for the colors.  But now that it has reached this stage it's definitely growing on me.  Plus I like the blocks so much that this pattern will definitely be a keeper.  


Right now it's only 53" x 61" , so adding another 6" on each side will make it a very nice size.  Once all of these pieces are sewn together, I'll most likely need to shop for the fabric for the final outer border which will be 6.5" wide.   I'm leaning toward a grey print, but that could change.  

I'm linking up to:

Design Wall Monday

https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

Monday Making
https://lovelaughquilt.blogspot.com

Oh Scrap!
https://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

That's a lovely, modern looking quilt. I hear you on putting a project away because the colors aren't your thing. Looking forward to seeing the finished project (or at least th top!) Sorry snow is falling again... we don't have any in the forecast but an hour north does.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I agree, the pattern is a keeper. It would make a great scrap buster, too.

Preeti said...

Yes, it would make a lovely bed quilt. I agree you should add more blocks.

Nann said...

What a great design! And yes to more rows.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like it too, very different pattern:)

dq said...

OH wow, love this one!

Kate said...

Very pretty! Isn't it funny how some projects can grow on you after a while.

Judy Hansen said...

I like this pattern, simple and yet very interesting. Looking forward to seeing it finished with your border choice. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Judy