Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Saturday Sampler progress

 It was a colorful weekend - in my sewing room.  Staying on track with Saturday Sampler is one of my goals each month.  So far, I'm keeping up.  This one is a "sort of" mystery, where we have no idea how the sections we make each month with go together.  But I'm pretty sure both sections this month are going to be spacers between other sections.


We're working with Lori Holt's book Quilty Fun.  I love her designs because they are so whimsical, and she has great instructions even for very small pieces.  


Why do I think these are spacers?  First of all there is little or no background fabric in these sections, and second because they are all odd sizes - similar to the block sections we've made so far.


Last month we made cups and trees.  


There were other spacer-type sections in a previous month too.  Notice - no background. 


There has been a lot of variety of blocks from the book, with some sections long and narrow, and others are square.  


No matter how these go together, I think my choice of 1930s reproduction fabrics will keep it very bright and cheerful.  Can't wait to see what we make next. 

4 comments:

Moneik said...

The quilt is coming together quite nicely. I think it's fun to do a mystery quilt.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Look at all those fun and colorful reproduction fabrics! This will definitely be a bright and cheerful quilt.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Lovely project. Maybe someday I'll will talk myself into joining a mystery quilt project. LOL

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I love the retro fabrics...so cheerful this will be a fun one to watch it come together!