Pages

Monday, March 22, 2021

Design Wall Monday - March 22

On my design wall this morning is another PIG project - Roll On.   


This one starts with 5" squares (charms) of a color and a background - 2 of each for a 7.5" finished block.  I had 2 matching charm packs of a 30s reproduction line called Darlene's Favorites.  I think they were a Daily Deal from Missouri Star that I was not able to resist.  


The charms are cut into wedges, sewn into 4 identical small sections which are then squared up, and finally those 4 sections are put into a block that has kind of a pinwheel look.  Most of these charm squares are colors that will be paired up with the white background, but there are a few that are very light colored prints.  I'm pairing those up with solid colors.  There will only be a few of those scattered in with the other blocks.  

My goal is to finish making the blocks this week.  I have about a third of the blocks sewn so far but they go pretty quickly.  Currently the plan is to donate this either as a top or a finished quilt, but that is to be determined as I finish the top.


6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

pretty...i like that pattern too!

Vicki in MN said...

I remember doing those blocks on a quilt many years ago, it was fun! I like your prints you are using.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Roll On is a good name for this project. The charms are making adorable blocks. I agree: MSQC daily deals are hard to resist.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What pretty fabrics and a darling top. I was looking at Darlene Zimmmerman fabrics today . I will definitely check out Missouri Star Quilt Co and watch those deals. Thank you for sharing.

Deb said...

I love that acronym " PIGS" I have a friend who keeps all her work in grocery bags!!I do love that roll on project! Great for charm Squares!
Stay safe and sew on !

Kate said...

You are moving along with those blocks. I like your plan to pair the lighter fabrics with solid colors and work those in with the other blocks.