Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Green for March

 The RSC color for March is green, and I have a little start on my green blocks.


First is the green "Home Is . . ." block.  This is a Pat Sloan free pattern.  It was the first block in the series of that name.  I adore these house blocks!  


The whole block series has been charming, but so far I'm really only focusing on the house block in each color this year. Aren't they cute blocks?  They make me smile every time I see them hanging in my sewing room closet (with no doors).


There is plenty of green in these blocks.  The tulip sections are the Bonnie Hunter pattern she called Blossom Time, and was originally published in Quiltmaker magazine a couple of years ago.  I just read on her blog this week that she plans to publish the pattern for the quilt she made using these. And she is changing the name to Tulip Time.  I currently have a dozen of the sections with 4 tulips in each.  I know I want it much bigger, so I'll just keep making these.  I'm excited to see if her new pattern will have more than 1 layout idea.  The individual tulips look very cute set on point with sashing too.  

I'm linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge so check out what others are doing with green.

14 comments:

Kate said...

The house blocks are really cute. Your tulip blocks are looking good. It's going to be a gorgeous scrappy quilt. Happy stitching this weekend.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those houses are SO cool!!! I like them in all the rsc colors - it will be such a happy neighborhood!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE your GREEN block, Sara!! Those houses are SEW sweet (they are seriously tempting me.)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your house blocks are wonderful! I really like the corner HSTs and, of course, the heart above the chimneys. Those tulip blocks are making a fun secondary design the way you have them laid out there!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Those house blocks are adorable, especially with the variety of fabrics and colors.

Ivani said...

The house blocks are sooo cute.
And Tulip time quilt is growing beautifully.

scraphappy said...

Your three house blocks make a happy little neighborhood. Such pretty colors! Love the way the centers of the tulip blocks make a cute little X. Playing with layouts is always so fun.

Maggie said...

Tulips are perfect for spring! Your houses are beautiful.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Really cute houses...and I love your tulip
quilt..so pretty...have a great day!

Jenny said...

Both of your blocks are wonderful, the pretty house blocks especially.

chrisknits said...

Just so cute!! Those flowers are so springy.

LA Paylor said...

it's all so colorful and good... but those widdle houses!!!
Now whats going on with your sahrr?? want to send a pic and we'll discuss ideas of where to put the rows? LeeAnna

Mari said...

I love your houses! It looks like a party neighborhood. And the tulips have me longing even more for spring.

Susie H said...

I've been waiting for the Tulip Time quilt to be published. Love BH's tulips and love yours too! So many pretty colors and all those GREEN leaves! Sweet houses too and will make a sweet RSC quilt!