Pages

Monday, March 8, 2021

Design Wall Monday - March 8

 On my design wall this morning is this small quilt.  I'm looking for some advice on how to add the final 3 clues to this Stay At Home Round Robin project. 



The 3 clues I haven't added yet are stars, log cabins, and pinwheels.  They can be added in any manner we interpret, but that is where my problems lie.  I'm out of ideas, except: 

1 - more white on that left side would give it some balance
2 - square might be better than long and narrow
3 - full rows of stars or log cabin blocks sound unimaginative

So - I'm looking for some creative ideas. What would YOU do with this next?

I'm linking up with: 

Design Wall Monday
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

Monday Making
https://lovelaughquilt.blogspot.com/2021/03/monday-making.html

Oh Scrap!
https://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I agree it might look better as a square. Have you seen or read anything about log cabins that end up looking more circular? I can see a border on the 2 long sides that have a nice curved wave to it. There are a bunch of photos when you google it but I didn't notice any used as a border. I'm a sucker for friendship stars -- mainly because they are fast and easy -- so that might be an idea for that round. I love pinwheels but I have no thoughts about it here. It's hard not knowing the sizes you are working with. That being said I once abandoned a round robin for lack of ability to come up with anything. I should probably drag it out and review all the concepts everyone have put into this round robin to see what might work to finish my old one off. Good luck.

Deb said...

I am for the square idea too. Good luck!
Stay safe and sew on !

Kate said...

What if you used stars and pinwheels as the center of the long cabin blocks? Maybe not do a full log cabin, but just add the strips to two sides of the star or pinwheel?