Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Random stuff

 Yesterday was a strange day - grey, cold, and rainy.  And I woke up extra early, which is so unlike me.  After nearly 3 hours catching up with my online students, it was time to do something else besides sitting at the computer screen.  I felt very restless and couldn't seem to finish anything I started the rest of the day.  

For example, I sorted out 3 loads of laundry - but didn't do any of it after getting distracted in my sewing room when I took something downstairs to put away.  I made 8 more Roll On blocks before boredom set in.  Ten blocks left to make for the baby quilt.  

Boredom caused me to start day dreaming, and that made me remember that I had another UFO that needed binding.  So, I made binding for the Ohio Star quilt, but then didn't actually attach it to the quilt.  Maybe that will happen over the weekend.


Once that binding was prepped I set it aside and that's when I saw my Farmers' Wife Sampler book laying there.  The blocks for this week had been posted on Monday.  Another PIVOT, and I managed to get Broken Sugar Bowl and Calico Puzzle done.  


Still feeling restless - I worked on binding a baby quilt for a little while, but still have the final side to finish.  Decided to switch some decor items to look more like Spring - but only got one table runner switched out before I was distracted again sorting out the over abundance of runners I own.    

My mother would have asked if I "had ants in my pants" yesterday.  Today I'm trying to focus on getting that laundry done and putting away the mess I made around the house yesterday.  Taking a break to sit at my computer to blog, check Facebook, and read my favorite blogs - does that mean I'm distracted again?   Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Some days are like that! You laid some good groundwork flitting from project to project!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Even though you were distracted and restless yesterday, it sounds like you got a lot accomplished.

woolyjooly said...

Not boredom, ATTENTION DEFICIT! Ask me how I know . .

Nann said...

I know the feeling! Hope you can get things back in focus today.

Kate said...

Hopefully the distraction actions passed quickly and you had a much better next day. But even distracted, you still got a lot done.