Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Quick Strippee with sheep

 Another UFO bites the dust!  This Quick Strippee baby quilt is all bound.  It will most likely be a donation quilt.  So cute!  And so easy!!


This is a free pattern from Mary Quilts.  Just scroll down the list on the right side for a WEALTH of instructions for quilts of all kinds.  Mary is a generous quilter who mostly makes donation quilts and shares her simple instructions with the quilting community.  This particular pattern is one I've made many times, and I have another one ready to bind.


Quick Strippees are ideal for showcasing a fun novelty print.  This sheep print has the most interesting shade of pink.  It made me think of those pink peppermint candies.  However - trying to find a pink fabric to blend with it - not so easy.  So I went with grey and black.  But it turned out cute.  

2 comments:

Moneik said...

It turned out super cute Sara! I just love how the black and gray accent it. This is one of my favorite Mary patterns as well.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It sure is cute! I know many mothers are doing nurseries in grey and pink or blue:)