Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Country Bunny block

 A second post today - but this one is quilty rather than snowy.

On January 1 of this year I began keeping track of quilt blocks made, as well as finished projects on a spreadsheet.  There is a tab for blocks, a tab for finishes, a tab for UFOs, etc.  And there is a paper copy in my sewing room that I write on as I make new blocks, and then I can update the spreadsheet itself about once a week. 

With the addition of this lavender bunny block, I've reached 201 blocks so far for 2021 - according to my spreadsheet.  I think my favorite thing is making individual blocks, but I was still surprised at how quickly they've added up in just a couple of months.  Most all of those blocks are parts of "sets" of blocks for on-going projects, and in a couple of cases there are now enough for a quilt top. 


Isn't this Country Bunny just the cutest block?  It is about 11 x 14, and was a pattern I purchased and downloaded as a PDF from https://www.thepatternbasket.com/  I saw this block on another blog recently, but can't remember where or even when exactly.  After downloading the pattern I was pleasantly surprised at just how good the instructions are written.  There are lots of pieces but the designer has made it a very easy pattern to follow.  

The lavender fabric was pulled from the big stack of fat quarters I won at the retreat a couple of weeks ago.  It seemed like a perfect Easter color.  And the cream background was all leftover from the Urban Cabin quilt blocks.  How I'll use this block is yet to be determined, but they would be really cute in a rainbow of colors wouldn't they?  I think this bunny needs friends.

5 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

What a cute block! Yes, that bunny definitely needs friends. Congratulations on making so many blocks so far this year.

dq said...

oh SO SO CUTE! This bunny really does need friends.

cityquilter grace said...

totally dripping with cuteness! how about more done in spring pastels???

Far Side of Fifty said...

He is cute and yes he needs friend in all colors!

Kate said...

That is a really cute bunny! A rainbow of bunnies would make a very fun spring quilt.