Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

More Gingham progress

 Over the weekend I made a new green Gingham block for RSC since the March color was green, and the end of the month is near. Since I'm getting close to having enough blocks to finish the quilt top, I decided to see what colors would be good choices for those final additions.  There were already 2 dark green Gingham blocks and 2 lime green ones, so this one is made with some medium greens.  Here it is laying on top of the 2 bunches of previous blocks.


So, now what other colors would fit in?  I think I'm going to deviate from the colors chosen for RSC the next couple of months and just get this one finished.  Light and bright blue is the April color but I think there is enough blue already.  


I did make 2 more blocks on Sunday - one is aqua and the other is made with a variety of purples.  Those 2 colors fit in nicely as it needed some lighter blocks.  Now I am leaning toward making one more yellow, another red, and an orangy-coral block to finish this out.  This won't be the final layout, but it helped guide some last color ideas.  


I feel like I'm on a roll with trying to finish up some quilt tops that have been either UFOs, WIPs, or even PIGs.  They obviously won't all get quilted right away, but at least the block sets will have become something instead of just hanging in my sewing room closet clipped to skirt hangers.   

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

This is going to be a striking quilt - I love everything about it!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Spring colors!! You are sewing up a storm...really windy here again today and snowing sideways:(

Moneik said...

Great color choices and I love when blocks make it to the top making stage. It's a long process, but so worth it.