Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Some retreat projects

 By noon on Friday I was all set up at the retreat and sewing.  The first project I tackled was sewing all of the Ritzy Cracker blocks together, and that was finished by supper time.  Yesterday's post showed that top, which is still going to get one more vertical row as soon as I make 4 additional blocks.


Next I made the 4 Patriotic Star blocks I had kitted up for a Quilt of Valor project. Those are so quick to make.  And the leftover corner trimmings were made into more little hourglass blocks and some HSTs.


Saturday morning's first project was going to be making the blocks for Jelly Belly Bars, and putting them together to make a completed top.  Well, best laid plans . . . the jelly roll I was using only had 18 strips.  I needed 31 strips total, and didn't realize it wasn't a full jelly roll.  So I'll find some additional fabrics to blend. It's a Tula Pink fabric line from a couple of years ago, but her colors tend to be so similar that I'm not worried about finding something that works nicely. 

Enough Blossom Time tulip blocks were made on Saturday to put together 2 more quad sections.


I forgot take along the sashing and center pieces, so these will be sewn into the quads later this week.


And, last but not least are the Wisdom blocks.  There are now 7 new ones to add to the collection.  I think that brings me to 33 total, with lots more needed for a full sized quilt.  


One other time consuming thing I accomplished at the retreat was to trace all of the "house" pieces onto fusible to do the appliques on the Humble Homes project.  I still need to pull enough of a variety of blues from the stash to use and there wasn't enough background fabric in the original kit I bought, so background will need to be purchased.  

I think Humble Homes will go onto the back burner for awhile so I can focus on finishing some things closer to being done.  

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

You had a productive retreat. Looks like it was a pedal to the metal weekend! Congratulations on completing all the blocks with the kits you prepared.

Moneik said...

Love the Belly Bars quilt. I have at least a strip/ fat quarters of 4 of those if you'd like them. You had a very productive retreat!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You made some great progress!